Kern County (CA) Medically Vulnerable Care Coordination Project
|California||Community||CYSHCN||Service Coordination & Integration||3, 6, 11|
MVCCP Project Outcomes To Be Achieved Through:
(1) Earlier identification and treatment of medical and developmental conditions.
(2) Support local services that already exist to achieve greater effectiveness.
(3) Streamlined access to and maintenance of health insurance and a medical home.
(4) Realizing cost savings for at-risk infants and children to better serve all children.
(5) Focusing on individual cases to develop best practices of care coordination.
(6) Building strong, long-term provider partnerships to sustain a system of care coordination that is practical,
affordable, and responsive to changing conditions.
(7) Providing Trauma-Informed Care training, to achieve a Trauma-Informed County, renamed Resilient Kern in 2020 (www.resilientkern.org/).
(8) Helping other locales replicate the Kern County care coordination model.